Join one of our ski-week camp “colectivas”. Essentially they are group lessons but they are designed to participate in for the entire week, with the same coach. You’ll have time with your coach to learn, get feedback, and explore, while also having time to adventure on your own a bit or take in the heated pool or an after-lunch siesta. If you and your ski friends decide to use the colectiva experience to have a guide show you around the resort, that´s great, too. The colectivas allow for the best of a camp environment mixed with some independent study of the mountain, the hotel, the cultural diversity of the hotel.
No need to sign up in advance for a ski-week camp just stop by the Ski and Snowboard School once you arrive. We welcome your inquiries during the Portillo ski season (mid-June to early October) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth RACE CAMP for U12/U14
Get a jump on the ski season and train where the world’s best skiers have been meeting up in Portillo, for the last 50 years! The slopes of Portillo Chile have been home to the world’ s greatest ski racing athletes since 1966. Join some of the best and most recognized coaches in the US, while we put your young skier through the same drills on the same terrain that give athletes like Lindsey Vonn, Mikaela Shi_rin and Ted Ligety a leg up on the competition.
- July 28 – Aug. 4
* Camps can be taken individually or together
** Custom Camps can also be arranged for clubs and private groups.
- U$1700 for each Saturday to Saturday camp
*When you book both weeks of camp in the Hotel Portillo or Octagon Lodge receive 20% discount on your ski week package.
** Campers must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Lodging, airfare, and transfers.
- Packages start at $1990USD per person in the Octagon Lodge. Ski Weeks include seven-night accommodations, four meals daily, eight days lift tickets, and access to all the hotel’s facilities. More info here!
- All activities are weather-dependent. All participants must sign up in advance.
Ski Portillo’s race camp is perfect for junior racers travelling with their families to Portillo for vacation and looking to gain some extra skills and time on Portillo’s excellent snow in the off-season. Whether you are just getting a taste for racing or you have more racing experience, Portillo’s camp is a great place to improve skills before the season starts; at the same time enjoy a family vacation in one of the most unique and family friendly ski destinations. Along with the camaraderie and the support of a small group environment, participants will be coached by Portillo’s elite ski school team.
Our camp, ideal for all level of racers, is an intensive/holistic program designed to improve skills, gain confidence, learn tactical approaches to varying situations, and make new life-long relationships.
- 2 sessions per day
- Slalom and GS Fundamentals
- Speed Training/Jumping
- Skills-Quest Training
- Goal Setting
- Video Analysis
- Dryland Activities
- Big mountain / Free skiing
- Low coach to athlete ratio
- Cultural experience in South America
Typical Daily Program:
- 8 am – Breakfast
- 9 am – 12pm -Session 1: On-hill training, SL or GS with video, fundamentals work
- 12 – 2pm – Lunch
- 2:00 – 5:00PM – Session 2: On-hill training, SL or GS with video, fundamentals work
- 5 pm – Break for Tea
- 6 – Ski Tuning/ Video analysis
- 7 pm – Free time
- 8:00 – Dinner
Directed and coached by Portillo’s instructional experts who are USSA/PSIA trained on modern teaching methodology and have experience with FIS-racing and coaching at all levels, the Portillo Race Camps offer young skiers the opportunity to hone their skills pre-season.
Director of the Portillo Ski and Snowboard School. Barnes has more than 20 years of teaching and coaching experience. She is member of the Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) National Alpine Demonstration Team and USSA trainer/evaluator.
Rogan is a five-time member of the PSIA Alpine Team and current Team Coach. He has played a key role with the U.S. Women’s Alpine Speed Team in providing them specific programs for pre-race on-snow warm-up. Most recently he was the fundamental skills and development coach for the top U16 and U18 skiers across the country based in Park City. Rogan is director of instruction for SKI Magazine and is Operations Manager for Hotel Portillo in Chile.
Simon has worked as a Competition Coach for Ski and Snowboard Club Vail for over 10 years working with young athletes to improve not only racing skills and results but also improve on important fundamentals so as to develop solid skiing skills. He has also coached a local high school team in Vail, leading the team to two State titles in Colorado. He is a USSA Certified Coach Level 300 and a fully certified coach/examiner for PSIA. He has worked with teams and camps in Australia, Chile, and Mt. Hood, Oregon.
James is originally from the UK but has been travelling the world skiing for over 10 years, working full time as an instructor for 20 winters. He has been teaching in Portillo since 2011 and keeps coming back for the amazing terrain and unique location. James has a diverse skiing skill set with experience competing in freestyle, freeride, skiercross and alpine racing.
NORTH AMERICAN SKI TRAINING CENTER
Adventure Ski Training Vacation with the North American Ski Training Center
- Dates: August 10-17, 2019
OUR 24th YEAR AT PORTILLO! The North American Ski Training Center (NASTC) is one of the top ranking worldwide adventure ski schools. Developed by Chris and Jenny Fellows in 1994, NASTC has helped improve the skiing and brought in more adventure into the lives of thousands of skiers over the last twenty years. NASTC specializes in full-immersion, comprehensive ski training programs for strong intermediate to expert skiers.
NASTC runs 20 different courses at the best resorts and mountains around the world. NASTC presents skiers with more than a “quick fix,” it’s holistic ski approach is designed to help skiers move beyond the plateaus that they have become stuck on. At NASTC it’s about the whole picture: technique, fitness, and equipment we will address all 3 components respective to your personal skiing.
The NASTC staff is comprised of the top ski instructors in the US, the members of the PSIA National Alpine Team, which means they are the teachers of teachers. You will make measurable improvements in your technique, tactics and confidence in a safe, fun, and highly professional way under their watchful eyes. You’ll be in small groups of 6 or fewer with the same coach all day, all week.
This week-long course is suitable for skiers that have had little to no off-piste experience as well as for those whom have had more mileage in ungroomed conditions; terrain selection will be gauged according to the comfort level of each group. Additionally there is a heli-skiing option available during the week. This is the ultimate ski vacation: a superb mountain, fun-loving people, delicious food, fine wine and a beautiful hotel. You are sure to improve, make new friends, and enjoy yourself. “It’s not just skiing-it’s NASTC!”
Levels 6-9 (intermediate – expert)
A Day in Your Life with NASTC in Portillo:
Warm-up & stretching session followed by a delicious big breakfast in the dining room. Ski in groups of 6 or fewer with your trainer all morning long. Enjoy a delicious lunch and then get back on the hill for more individual coaching and exploring all Portillo has to offer. After taking off your boots and changing out of your ski clothes, head down to the cinema to have a personalized review of your skiing video footage, listen to indoor presentations by the coaches or participate in soft-tissue recovery sessions. Other options include: naps, team basketball or soccer, hang at the bar for drinks, ping pong tournaments, hot tubing, workout in the gym, enjoy a massage or sauna session. End the day with a 3 course dinner with great Chilean vintages to choose from and some live music from at the bar.
- 7:30 a.m. – Stretching / Yoga
- 8:30 am – Delicious and hearty breakfast in the main dining room.
- 9:00 am-12:30 pm – Ski in groups of 6 or less with your trainer (the same throughout the week).
- 12:30-1: 30 pm – Lunch with your group.
- 1:30-4:00pm – Return to the mountain for more individual training.
- 2:00 pm – Video footage.
- 4:30 pm – End of the day.
- 5:30-6:30 – Technical talk – review of the video in the cinema room.
- 6:30-8:30 pm – Multiple Options: Naps, play basketball or football, meet in the bar for a few drinks, ping pong tournaments, heated pool, go to the gym, enjoy a massage or sauna or go to the games room .
- 8:30 pm – Dinner with Chilean wines.
- 10:00 pm – Bedtime or enjoy the nightlife of Portillo.
Price: $3995 (ala carte, exclusive of lodging and ground), $5995 Octagon lodging / $6995 Hotel Double / $8895 Hotel Single
Includes the following:
- Includes: RT ground from Santiago, 7 nights lodging, 4 meals/day, lift tickets.
- 7-day adventure skiing camp with NASTC’s top instructors in intimate personalized coaching groups of 6 or fewer (total camp usually 20-25) led by Members of the PSIA Alpine Team
- Technical talks in the afternoon with important themes of equipment, conditioning, sidecountry skiing options
- Review of Custom Video
- Group events (daily morning stretching session, 4 group meals/day, tech talks, video review, etc.)
- Santiago Hotel/Touring options available before or after your ski week
- Optional backcountry tours and heli-skiing upgrades
For more information, go to skinastc.com
SKI WITH THE SUPERSTARS
- Dates: August 17-24, 2019
Professional skier, guide, and camp operator Chris Davenport is proud to announce the dates for the Fifteenth Annual Superstars Ski Camp at Ski Portillo, Chile.
The camp is only open to a maximum of thirty skiers. Professional coaches will again include Mike Douglas of Whistler, BC, Ingrid Backstrom and Cody Townsend of Squaw Valley, CA and Wendy Fisher of Crested Butte, CO. The camp will also feature professional photographer Jesse Hoffman, who will document in stills and video the entire experience for the guests.
The Superstars Camp is geared towards expert skiers looking to take their skiing to the next level with expert coaching on the skills of steep skiing, terrain recognition and management, proper mechanics, as well as good old powder skiing techniques.
“For fifteen years we have had a grand time skiing with and coaching amazing people from all over the world in Portillo. The terrain and the hotel make the perfect location for this type of ski-week, and the coaches and I all agree it’s one of the most fun weeks we experience throughout the year.”
- Daily personalized instruction/ guiding in small groups with a different freeskiing professional each day.
- Special welcome cocktail reception courtesy of Ski Portillo
- Nightly slideshows, talks, and presentations by the athletes.
- A professional videographer will accompany the groups and present each participant with an edited DVD of images and footage.
- The best gift/gear bag in the business, with complimentary products from all the coaches’ sponsors.
Cost: The 15th annual “Ski With The Superstars” Camp is US$2975 for the week. This price does not include lodging at Ski Portillo.
To book this amazing skiing experience please first contact email@example.com, at Ski Portillo to make your hotel reservation. Once you have your confirmation number contact Chris Davenport at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your place in the camp. Please email Chris with any additional questions.
Kim Riechhelm's Adventures
Guided skiing for Advanced Intermediate and Expert Skiers
- Week 1: August 3-10, 2019: Guided Skiing / Adults only (expert)
- Week 2: August 10-17, 2019: Guided Skiing / Int – Exp
Kim Reichhelm has years of experience including; teaching, guiding, big mountain skiing, helicopter skiing, first aid, EMT and long term relationships with the Portillo staff and family. Our goal is to create a ski experience unlike any other. We are there to ski, laugh, have fun, and share our passion for skiing and our knowledge of Portillo with you.
“Thank you very much for another wonderful ski trip to Chile. I would never have ventured there without you. I would never have experienced my first heli-ski adventure without you. You both give me the extra confidence that I need to venture outside my “comfort zone”, not to mention all the fun we have. See you next year.” Sharon Friedman
- Round trip airport transfers from/to Santiago
- 7 nights lodging
- 8 days lift ticket
- 7 days guided skiing with 3 guides for the group
- 4 meals a day
- Private welcome reception
- Private “send off” dinner party
- Optional helicopter skiing daily
For more information please go to: www.skiwithkim.com
Kim Reichhelm’s Ski Adventures Inc. USA toll free, 1 – 888-444-8151 – email@example.com
Dates: August 31 – September 7, 2019
Join John Clendenin, Two-Time World Freestyle Champ and Creator of the Clendenin Ski Method and Ski Hall of Fame honoree.
Chino Martinez Portillo Ski Guide Clendenin Ski Method Trainer
Based on the Clendenin Ski Method’s Four Words, our mission is to provide you with the foundation to become a better Bump/All-Mountain skier and have one hell of good time in the process! (Over 4,000 success stories in more than 15 seasons! )
The Clendenin Ski Method Portillo experience is always brilliant. Returning clients often fill our Portillo camp. Why – because they love coming to Skiing’s Shangri-La. From beginner to expert, our job is to take you up a notch. No matter what level you are, we will bring you to a new one. With new ability gained over 6 days of learning and playing, along with our celebration in Santiago, your joy of skiing everywhere will expand for the rest of your life. Join our skiing family and you’ll know why we keep coming back!
Your Clendenin Ski Method week will include:
- Six days of coaching in the morning and free-skiing in the afternoon, with John Clendenin and his CSM-certified coaches (weather permitting)
- One additional day for free skiing, relaxing by the pool, a race clinic or heli-skiing (for an additional fee)
- 7-day lift ticket
- Movement analysis video upon request
- Accommodations at the Hotel Portillo – Camp price is based on valley view double room.
- Full use of hotel amenities including pool, full gym, weight room, aerobics, yoga, disco, bar…and more
- Four meals daily at Portillo including afternoon high tea
- Lodging for the last night in Santiago at the 5-star Hotel Kennedy
- End of camp celebration dinner in Santiago
- Round trip transportation from the Santiago Airport (when traveling with the group)
For more information on this camp. (click here)
For Reservations: Contact Ski and Board Doctors, Aspen, Colorado.
Telephone: US (970) 544-0300 / Toll Free 1- 877-SKI-DOCS.
KEELY'S CAMP - SKI PORTILLO WITH THE LADIES
August 24 – August 31, 2019
Keely Kelleher, founder of Keely’s Ski Camps for Girls, is now offering ski camps for women in the heart and soul of the Andes! Keely was a member of the U. S. Ski team racing World Cup downhill and super g for 8 years, has been featured in two Warren Miller films, and has been coaching skiing for 10 years.
During her tenure on the U. S. Ski Team Keely trained at Ski Portillo and fell in love with the terrain and people. She has skied Portillo for five years and is excited about sharing the magic of the Andes with you! Her staff is comprised of all-female Olympic and high level coaches who are passionate about connecting a network of women who share a common passion for skiing.
Take your skiing to a new level in a comfortable and fun environment with the best female skiers in the world as your coaches! Race inspired drills will help you hone in your all mountain skiing skills and improve your technique for steeps, moguls, powder and the exciting terrain Ski Portillo has to offer.
- Daily instruction and guiding from a world class, U.S. Ski Team, Olympic, all female staff of professional coaches excited to help you improve your skiing while enjoying the beauty and culture of Ski Portillo!
- Daily video sessions and anaylsis during and after skiing
- DVD of your video at the end of the camp including photos
- Incredible gift bag from sponsors
- Après ski activities including: *Wine Fest, yoga, pool and spa time and much more!
- Transportation to and from the airport
- Level: Advanced to Expert.
For more information: http://keelyscamp.com/camps-for-women/
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for ability questions.
Cost: $2,775.00 USD
*Airfare and Hotel Portillo accommodation package must be purchased separately. Please book under the name Keely’s Camp.