Virtual backgrounds for ZOOM
Missing skiing and the mountains? We do, too.
We understand the importance of staying home, and physically distancing in order to flatten the curve. Since we can’t be skiing with our friends yet, we decided to bring the mountains to our friends. With Zoom backgrounds!
There’s a backdrop for every occasion. Work Zoom? Class things up with a Portillo Balcony backdrop. Virtual cocktails with friends? Drink beneath the Portillo sunset in the pool or the Friday torchlight parade. Family dinner video call? Channel the fun of lunch under the sun at Tio Bob’s.
As we all have to spend more time inside indefinitely, video conferencing is an important tool for reducing social isolation. Keep it fun and light with these backdrops. We miss you, and look forward to when we can make memories again.
1. First, save the image you want to your desktop.
2. “Enable” Virtual Backgrounds by going to “Settings” at zoom.us in a web browser
3. Once enabled, open Zoom on your desktop or browser.
4. Join or create a new meeting
5. Once in the meeting, look to the bottom left corner, and you will see an option to “Stop Video.” Don’t click it! To the right is an upward arrow, “^” – click the arrow
5. When clicking the arrow, you will see an option to “Choose virtual background; ” click that option
6. That will take you to a new window in “Settings” where you can choose from a default background or upload your own background image from your computer desktop.
7. To upload your own, click the “+” on the right of the video screen in the “Settings” window. This will give you the option to upload your own background into Zoom
8. Select your image and click Open
Images courtesy of Frank Shine, Tamara Susa and Adam Clark