Ski school at Ski Portillo has an international reputation for attracting some of the best talent and most qualified teaching professionals within the ski industry, making it the perfect place to learn to ski.
Whether you’re a beginner skier who has never slid on snow before or an intermediate skier looking to work on a few techniques that will open up new runs and terrain, Portillo’s ski instructors can help you learn to ski better and give you a foundation to build on.
The best part: Ski season in Portillo coincides with summer for North American visitors, which means you can learn to ski during summer vacation in Chile and then take your new skills to the mountain next winter.
Regardless of your age or skill level, the Portillo Ski & Snowboard School offers guests a world-renowned opportunity to learn to ski and snowboard. Here are 7 Reasons Why Portillo, Chile is a great place to take ski lessons:
- The perfect setting – There is nothing better than skiing in the middle of an inspiring landscape. Enjoy the incredible views to the stunning Laguna del Inca and the glorious Andes Mountains. Portillo is also the ideal place to get your feet wet on the off-piste with a supporting instructor to give you the insider tips.
- Fun – Kids Camp participants have a blast learning the fundamentals of the sport while making new friends from around the world. Games and special events included in the lesson.
- Safe – Safety is our concern and our instructors will keep an eye on your child and his gear. Our dedicated learning area has a magic carpet and a gentle slope that’s friendly for those learning the basics. Want to master the off-piste, an instructor can help you safely navigate the way up and down on the more advanced stuff.
- Great instructors – The top instructors are chosen from around the globe, most with at least level 3 PSIA certification, come down to Portillo in their off season. These ski professionals are dedicated to the sport and to improving you or your child’s skills out on the mountain.
- Ski in / Ski Out – Once you put on your boots and order your skis, you are ready to go out on the mountain! Our comfortable ski in / ski out system allows you to leave the hotel directly onto the slopes to make the most of your time in the snow.
- Group lessons and new friends – At Ski Portillo we invite our guests to share and make new friends. Group ski lessons are ideal for this, since you will meet with the same people during the week to learn, improve your techniques and have fun with new friends from all over the world.
- Bragging rights – not only is it cool to ski off-season but coming back and wowing your friends and family with your new skills will go a long way.
Portillo attracts some of the best ski instructors in the world who are experts at teaching confidence, technique, and tactics to make for an unforgettable experience.
Portillo is known for its ripping off-piste and challenging blacks but our stellar ski school should not be overlooked, because it beckons some of the most talented instructors from around the world to teach and guide in the North American off-season. Improving your ski or snowboard technique isn’t just for kids, skiers and snowboards of all ages can benefit from off-season lessons to get a jump on their fellow sliders for the next season.